Dark Age of Camelot
Live Version 1.67 Release Notes
December 16, 2003
NEW THINGS AND BUG FIXES
- We have fixed a bug that would keep players from gaining Master Level experience while helping other players working on the same encounter and trial. Please note that you must have completed the encounter, and the person you are helping must be doing the encounter for the first time.
- Added the command /vdestination x y (eg: /vdestination 32000 32000) which will sail your boat to a /loc within your current zone.
- /Vfollow command has been added, which allows the controller of a movable vehicle to follow their currently targeted object.
- Players who die in a duel while having a "song" charmed pet will no longer take experience deaths.
- Fixed delve on water breathing potions.
- All objects will now have their weights displayed on the mini-info window.
- (TOA Only) Reflective Water will now have a much more visible water surface at night.
- Players should now receive updates for house rent due whenever they log into the game, regardless of zone.
- (TOA Only) In response to player feedback, we have increased the brightness underwater at night.
- The portal ceremonies at the border keeps have been altered slightly, to assist players who forget their necklaces from time to time. A new, earlier port has been added during the period where the teleporters previously stood around and waited for players to get ready. After the master and lackeys cast this new teleport, they will wait on the teleport pad and then cast the ceremony a second time.
- Items generated from the Unique Item generator that have charges can now properly be recharged.
- The game has a new default configuration for GeForceFX 5200 users. This change will not override any settings for current GeForceFX 5200 users.
- Necromancers who are shapechanged no longer lose the shapechange when summoning a shade.
- Spells modified by Radiant Aura artifact ability now last more than one pulse.
- Players can now use /bountyrent on personal houses with alternate characters on the same account as the character that owns the house. As a result of this change, the rent token merchants will be disabled in a future readfile.
- The Panther Form level 10 ability of the Dreamsphere artifact has been changed. When a character in panther form is attacked, they revert to normal form and lose all associated bonuses. This change is specific to the Dreamsphere only and does not affect other shapechange forms.
- The Egg of Youth artifact had several bugs preventing it from working as designed. These bugs were fixed and the effect altered. The Egg of Youth level ten Celestial Resurrection spell will now restore 10% health and no power to resurrected players. The artifact's ability now costs no power to cast and will resurrect up to a maximum of 8 realmmates within 1000 radius. This is a retroactive change.
- We have fixed a problem that could cause +all spell skill bonus items to give double the intended bonus on certain skills.
- Secondary spells on artifacts will no longer be activated if the artifact does not meet the correct requirement.
TRIALS OF ATLANTIS ENCOUNTER CHANGES
We are making a number of changes to how credit is awarded for Atlantis encounters, as well as allowing players to 'work ahead' of their current Master Level, which should allow players to gain a better sense of accomplishment for helping others defeat an encounter. We appreciate everyone's feedback about Trials of Atlantis, and we hope that these changes will greatly improve the Atlantis experience for everyone involved. We will continue to review areas of Atlantis, and Dark Age of Camelot as a whole, in a continuing effort to improve the entire Dark Age of Camelot experience for all players.
ATLANTIS ENCOUNTER CREDIT CHANGES
- We have identified and corrected a problem that could cause players to not be awarded credit for completing an encounter. With this version, we will be changing artifact and trial encounters to award credit to the group that gets loot rights from the encounter. Battlegroups will also follow this new system if the encounter is battlegroup enabled. This should solve many of the problems players have with not being awarded encounter credit properly. However, please note that any players that are not in the group or battlegroup when credit is awarded will still not get credit.
MASTER LEVEL FINAL ENCOUNTER CREDIT CHANGE
- Currently, players who have not finished their current trial can do all the steps except the final encounter of a higher level trial. With this patch, players will be able to do all encounters of a trial, even if they have not finished their previous trial. Please note that players will still get master level abilities in order.
Here's an example, if you have not finished the first trial, you can now go do Runihara in trial two and receive credit (if you've completed all the other encounters in trial two), but you will not get the level two abilities until you've finished the first trial, and then completed the second level's experience requirement.
NEW SHARK ROUTES IN ATLANTIS
- Shark Routes have been added to Atlantis! Stablemasters have been added to the docks outside of each of the Havens, Oceanus, Stygia, Volcanus and Aerus. There is also a stablemaster located in Mesothalassa which has routes to each of the Havens. These merchants also have a ticket that gives you a tour of some of the more important areas and features of their respective zones. For those of you looking to take advantage of these new routes, don't forget your breathing potions and look for the following tritons:
- Feurbe is the Oceanus Haven Stablemaster with routes to the Mesothalassa stablemaster, and a tour of Oceanus Hesperos.
- Lokhas is the Mesothalassa stablemaster with routes to Haven of Oceanus, Haven of Aerus, Haven of Stygia, Haven of Volcanus and a tour of Mesothalassa.
- Splogorf is the Volcanus Haven stablemaster with routes to the Mesothalassa stablemaster and a tour of Oceanus Anatole.
- Estcheron is the Stygia Haven stablemaster with routes to the Mesothalassa stablemaster and a tour of Oceanus Boreal.
- Gombuor is the Aerus Haven stablemaster with routes to the Mesothalassa stablemaster and a tour of Oceanus Notos.
CUSTOMER SUPPORT APPEAL CHANGES
- When you use /appeal to check the status of an appeal in-game, you will now see the total number of regular tickets waiting for help across all servers, as well as the total number of regular tickets from the server you are on. You will also see the placement of your ticket in this queue. This should give you a better idea of how CSR resources are spread across the servers to help with your questions.
- The conversion recipes for Tempered Metal Studs, Tempered Wire, and Tempered Strapping have been removed from the Metalworking recipe list.
- The conversion recipes for Tempered Metal Studs and Tempered Wire have been removed from the Metalworking recipe list.
- The Lugged Spear should now have the appropriate recipe icon in the Tradeskill recipe list.
- The conversion recipes for Tempered Metal Studs, Tempered Wire, and Tempered Scales have been removed from the Metalworking recipe list.
NEW LOOKING FOR GROUP WINDOW
To help players find other people to group with, both in Master Level Trials as well as normal gameplay, we have significantly revamped our
Looking-For-Group system. You can now search and flag yourself and indicate what kind of group you are seeking (RVR, XP, etc), as well as flags for specific ML trials.
The old checkboxes 'Not Looking', 'Looking For Group', and 'Looking for ...' have been replaced with a new button 'Set LFG' that will allow you to set all your LFG options.
This new window exists for the TOA client only. SI and Classic clients will still be able to search and list themselves using the old options.
- The group window and mini-group window now show the additional following states by changing the affected player's name to an associated color. This functionality is present in Classic, Isles, and Trials of Atlantis clients. These states will be prioritized and displayed in the following order with the associated color in parenthesis: linkdead (blue), dead (red), mezzed (cyan), diseased (orange), poisoned (green), out of zone (grey), nominal (white)
- (TOA Only) We have added several new color choices to the Chat Messages and System Messages windows. To adjust the color for specific types of chat
messages (such as 'Alliance Chat' or 'Broadcast') right click on any of the chat tabs. To adjust the colors for system messages (such as 'Loot Dropped'), right click on the system message window itself.
- (TOA Only) When adjusting the alpha settings for XML-enabled windows (such as the chat and summary windows), you can now adjust the text and background alpha values independantly. Alpha settings are changed as they have always been, by right clicking on the windows.
TOA UI MOD CHANGES
This patch contains several updates to the TOA Configurable User Interface system. Some custom skins may not work, or may need minor adjustment to work with the new changes. As we update the system, we will provide detailed notes in these patch notes containing what has been changed.
Anytime you experience any problems with a custom skin, you should switch back to one of the pre-built skins using the Options Menu at the Character Select screen.
- The following styles have been changed in styles.xml. If you have copied this file into your custom folder, you will either need to recopy it after patching or copy the appropriate control templates to your custom styles.xml:
- The Help Window, Emblem Picker, Spells window, and ingame Options Menus have all been converted to XML. The new XML files are:
- The new LFG windows use the following new XML files:
- Fixed a crash that UI Modders were encountering when removing health bars from some windows.
- The group_level adapters will now clear to zero when not being used.
- The following option has been added to label and scalar label definitions:
TextCentered - the text for the label will be centered inside it's width
- The following option has been added to scalar label definitions:
DontDrawWhenZero - the scalar label will not draw when the bound adapter has a value of zero.
- Custom windows now remember their position, alpha, and font alpha settings.
- Custom window support has been added. Window templates for custom windows are required to have Name fields set to "customX_window" where X is 0 through 9. No entries have been added to uimain.xml for custom windows. Modders will need to add Include directives in their custom files. (TOA Only)
- The following events have been added allowing modders to toggle windows on and off:
ToggleStatsIndex (minimizes the stats window)
CAMELOT CLASSIC WORLD NOTES
- The tradeskill masters in each capital city have decided that it is time to pass on their tarnished tradeskill tools.
- Leoma in Prydwen Keep is seeking assistance in obtaining a potion which can restore her eyesight.
- The Wounding Stone will now be useable in shade form.
- Mystaia in Ardagh has been causing some trouble around town and the townspeople are not very pleased. She needs someone to help her get out of her predicament.
- Grimkel in Fort Atla knows of a potion which is said to create wealth. He needs assistance in collecting the ingredients for the potion.
- Future drops of salvageable common loot items in Spraggons Den should salvage for the appropriate material. Please note that this change does not affect items dropped before this patch.
- The empyrean wraiths in the Hibernia frontier should no longer drop Midgard items.
- The duplicate Strength bonus on the Vengeance Shield (Midgard) has been changed to Dexterity.
SHROUDED ISLES WORLD NOTES
- Friars will no longer have to travel back to the trainers in the classic zones to exchange their Friar Robes every five levels. Sister Evangeline in Caer Gothwaite will now perform this exchange for Friars.
- Shreg's Thin Blade (Midgard) will now grant sword skill instead of slash skill.
TRIALS OF ATLANTIS WORLD NOTES
Quests - General
- Players working on obtaining the Scarab Wing Vest will now need to have neutral faction with the maubastet to turn in their Magical Scarab Wing to Tey.
- Thanes and Skalds will no longer be given the choice of a left axe as one of their rewards.
Encounters - General
- We are aware there has been some confusion about whether players have received credit for a story encounter or not. To help clear up this confusion, players will now receive a message when they successfully complete a story encounter, whether they obtain the artifact or not. Players will see a message like "You have completed the Fool's Bow Encounter quest." This will then show up in your completed quest list, although story encounters are not quests. If no message is received, then credit for that encounter was not awarded. When a player unlocks an artifact, the Encounter listing will be removed from the completed list and replaced with the Artifact Completion message (such as 'You have completed the Fool's Bow quest'). Check your completed quest list to see which story encounters you have received credit for in the past.
- The Wing's Dive Book now has the story attached to it.
- Information about what artifacts are available to which classes can now be found on the apprentices in all Havens. Speak to the following apprentices to learn more about the artifacts.
Stygia: Albion - Danielle, Midgard - Yanja, Hibernia - Wyia.
Volcanus: Albion - Dredge, Midgard - Aidanar, Hibernia - Rhianera
Aerus: Albion - Alice, Midgard - Yager, Hibernia - Noira
Traitor's Dagger and Crocodile's Tooth Dagger (Albion)
– We have added thrusting versions of each of these artifacts. Players that have a slashing version and would like a thrusting version should speak with Scholars Margoria or Colene for the Traitor’s Dagger and Scholars Daelin or Samaya for the Crocodile’s Tooth Dagger. They will offer players a trade-in that once done cannot be changed. From this point forward, all Albion classes that can activate either of these Daggers will be offered a choice.
Traitor's Dagger and Crocodile's Tooth Dagger (Hibernia)
– We have added piercing versions to each of these artifacts. Nightshades, Rangers, Heroes, Champions and Blademasters that have a blades version and would like a piercing version should speak with Sages Darragh or Kelleigh for the Traitor’s Dagger and Sages Miodac or Deavin for the Crocodile’s Tooth Dagger. They will offer players a trade-in that once done cannot be changed. From this point forward, Nightshades, Rangers, Heroes, Champions and Blademasters will be offered a choice of blades or piercing.
Aten's Shield (Midgard)
- We have fixed a bug that allowed Savages to obtain Aten's Shield although they could not use it. Savages should return to Loremaster Jorian or Loremistress Agneta to return their activated Aten's Shield. The Lorekeepers will give Savages a locked version of the Aten's Shield which can then be traded or sold. Remus' Story will not be returned to Savages.
- Also, we discovered and fixed a bug that was stopping Healers and Shamans from either unlocking the Shield or having it returned. Any Healer or Shaman that has the Aten's Shield quest in their pending list can either say [Aten] to continue the process of unlocking it or say [dispose] to have the Shield returned to them for trading/selling.
- We have fixed a bug that was causing the Lorekeepers in Midgard to give out the wrong versions of Bruiser. Players that selected the one-handed version were instead receiving the two-handed version while players that wanted the two-handed version were receiving the one-handed version. Players may return to Loremistress Hetha or Loremistress Marga to exchange their Bruiser. Please note that this exchange can only be done ONCE and cannot be undone. Also note that only players who received Bruiser before this fix can exchange it.
- We have fixed a bug that was causing the Sages in Hibernia to give out the Midgard version of the two-handed Magma Bruiser. Players that received this version should return to Sage Girom or Sage Aideena to exchange the Midgard Magma Bruiser for the Hibernian one.
Cycloptic Shield (Albion)
- Friars may now activate the Cycloptic Shield.
Enyalios Boots (Albion)
- We have fixed a bug that was causing Mercenaries to get the plate version of Enyalios Boots. Mercenaries can take their plate Enyalios Boots to Scholar Girec or Nisreena to exchange them for a chain version.
Enyalios Boots (Midgard)
- We have fixed a bug that was causing Berserkers and Savages to get the chain version of these boots instead of the studded version. Berserkers and Savages can take their chain Enyalios Boots to Loremaster Pahr or Loremaster Sverrir to exchange them for a studded version.
Enyalios Boots (Hibernia)
- We have fixed a bug that was preventing Bards from activating the Enyalios Boots.
Guard of Valor (Albion)
– We have fixed a bug with Scholar Girec that was causing him to give Armsmen and Paladins a chain version of the Guard of Valor. Armsmen and Paladins who received a chain version from Scholar Girec should take it back to him in the Hall of Heroes and exchange it for a plate one. Only Scholar Girec will perform this trade in.
Maddening Scalars Gloves (Midgard)
- We have fixed a bug that was causing Berserkers and Savages to receive the chain version of the Maddening Scalars Gloves. Berserkers and Savages who received chain versions should return to Loremistresses Hetha or Marga to exchange their chain gloves for the Studded Maddening Scalars Gloves.
Oglidarsh Belt (Midgard)
- Savages can now activate the Belt of Oglidarsh. Pure Casters will now have a choice for activating the Belt of Oglidarsh.
Oglidarsh Belt (Albion)
- Pure casters will now have a choice for activating the Belt of Oglidarsh.
Shades of Mists (Hibernia)
- Valewalkers can now unlock the magic of the Shades of Mists Cloak.
Spear of Kings (Hibernia)
- We have fixed a bug with Valewalkers receiving the large weapons version of the Spear of Kings. Any Valewalker who received the large weapons version can return it to Sage Kaenva or Sage Kalin in exchange for a scythe version of the Spear of Kings.
- The following classes may now activate the Winged Helm: Scouts, Berserkers, Savages, Hunters, Blademasters, Bards, and Rangers.
Wings Dive (Albion)
- We have fixed a bug that was causing the Scholars to give Mercenaries a plate version of the Wings Dive leggings instead of chain. Mercenaries can take their plate version of Wings Dive back to Scholar Girec or Scholar Nisreena and exchange them for a chain version.
Wings Dive (Midgard)
- We have fixed a bug that was causing the Lorekeepers to give Berserkers and Savages a chain version of the Wings Dive leggings instead of studded. Berserkers and Savages can take their chain version of Wings Dive back to Loremaster Pahr or Loremaster Sverrir to exchange them for a studded version.
Wings Dive (Hibernia)
- We have fixed a bug that was preventing Bards from activating the Wings Dive leggings.
- We have added artifact information to each realm's Apprentice researcher in the Haven of Oceanus. The Apprentices will now tell players which classes can use a specific artifact. In Albion, speak to Apprentice Aegan. In Midgard, Apprentice Yian has this information while Apprentice Garrad in Hibernia knows about the artifacts. We are in the process of adding this information for Stygia, Volcanus and Aerus. Please remember, they are only apprentices and they are still learning, so the information they give may change as they learn and grow.
- All partially and fully combined artifact scrolls can now be traded.
- The delve information on Pheobus' Letters, 1 of 3, has been fixed.
- The Corrupt Cincture of Terkari (Midgard) no longer has a 0 power bonus.
- The Axe of the Whispering Wind (Albion) will now have a chance to proc.
- The Embedded Scale Vest (Hibernia) has been renamed to Embedded Bone Vest.
- Stygian and Aerus named quest mobs should no longer drop artifact scrolls. Please note that the correct number of scrolls were already dropping from common mobs, but were mistakenly added to some quest mobs as well.
- Animists can now activate the Cloudsong Artifact.
- The amount of experience required to level the following artifacts has been reduced: Fool's Bow, Crown of Zahur, Scepter of the Meritorious, Battler, Tartaro's Gift, Snatcher, Ceremonial Bracers and Band of Stars. This is a retroactive change.
- The Intelligence Score Cap bonus on the Stone of Atlantis (Midgard) had been changed to a Piety Score Cap bonus.
- Storm Struck Great Axe now has the correct Axe skill bonus.
- Lightning Embossed Studded Helm now uses enamels instead of leather dyes.
- Sleeves of Silent Oblivion (Hibernia) now has a bonus to Intelligence instead of Piety.
- The Empathy Cap Bonus on the Water-worn Gauntlets (Hibernia) has been changed to an Acuity Stat bonus.
- The Intelligence Stat and Intelligence Cap bonuses on the Sea Rotted Club were changed to Acuity Stat and Acuity Cap bonuses.
- The skiff (all realms), Viking Longship (Midgard), British Cog (Albion), and Elvish Caravel (Hibernia) can now be sold back to NPC merchants for 75% of the purchase price.
- The Wing's Dive Book now has the story attached to it.
- The item level 10 ability on the Belt of the Moon will now summon a one-hand hammer appropriate for each realm, in addition to the Moon Staff that is already part of the ability.
- The charged effect from the Shield of Khaos will now apply the proper affects to targets inside the area of effect.
- The second spell on Eirene's Chestpiece has been changed to a charged effect, lasting 30 seconds and converting 15% of spell damage.
- The Belt of Oglidarsh will now equip in the waist slot as intended.
- Lightning Etched Leather Sleeves now have the correct Dexterity value, the previous amount prevented players from receiving the bonus.
- The Shadow-twisted Hauberk (Albion) now uses the correct armor graphic.
ADDITIONAL HOUSING AREAS ADDED
- We are happy to introduce a new housing area for each realm with this version. Albion players can now settle down after a long day of adventuring in Brisworthy, while Midgard players can start building Frisia into a bustling haven of activity, and Hibernians can stake their claims and design the house of their dreams in Saerenthal.